What is Your Treasure?

 A few years ago when I was in college, we had a discussion with my friends on what mattered to each one of us. Someone was asked, in the event of a fire, people drowning, or even an Earthquake, and you happen to be with the whole of your family in that situation, who or what would you save? Say you had your parents, sisters, brothers, your laptop, money, gold, wife, and children, who or what will you save? I want to pose the same question to you. Who or what will you save? I know how tricky it is. I do understand because it wasn't easy for us too. Somehow some of us felt like we would save our parents, and in the order of priority mom the dad, whereas some claimed that they would save their children. But again, I love my wife. She is the mother of my children. If I save my children and let their mother drown or get burnt, how will my children view me? Were it not for my parents, I wouldn't be here, I also do love them. In all honesty, they would be the first ones to be saved. But they wouldn't allow me, because they always tell me that if I am to choose between my family and them, I should choose the latter. Reason? It is my turn to keep the generation going. If I let my generation perish, it will be the end of all of us.

One morning, while in the hostels, there was a blast that took everyone out of their rooms. It happened at a time when most of the occupants were preparing to go for lectures. Most of them were taking a bath and to the surprise of many, everyone who was outside had a towel on the waist and slightly higher for the ladies. There was something else; a phone, and some of them had their laptop bags. No one had clothes, books, utensils or even bedsheets. No one thought of sleep or education, and neither did anyone care about a friend/roommate. More than 50% of the students had their phones. So, does this imply that the young men and women treasured their communication devices or communication?

 I know that some of us would never leave our earpods behind in case of such a happening. Is it because we love the earpods or what the earpods do? I believe we can listen to music even without the earpods or headphones, but it wouldn't be a surprise to see young men annoyed when someone damages these devices. 

The big question now is, what do you treasure? Is it your career? Is it your love life? Is it your investments?

Whatever you treasure drives your emotions. If you treasure money, you will do anything to have it and protect whatever amount you have. If you love your family, you will do everything to ensure that they live a good life. Choose carefully what you treasure, and lead a fulfilling life. Read More here

lokalizetu

Hello; lokalyzetu is a sister site to lokalizetu.com and groundwatermanic. We post news, politics, inspirational articles, and daily happenings. Please subscribe to our updates.

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form