Kibu-xpiry Mart-The Coconut-flavoured Biscuits Chronicles

 


After a somewhat bizarre moment in Nairobi on my way back to Kisumu, 9th December 2020 was also engrossed with its gonzo occurrences. My love for coconut-flavored nice biscuits got me out of the house, and I found myself at Kibuye Mart, near Mama Ngina Children's home Kisumu. I picked a few items and, being an established wholesale and retail dealer, it never crossed my mind that the store would have any expired items on their shelves. I proceeded to the counter, paid for the items, and proceeded back to the house. The intention was to take the snack with some drink for lunch, but I had to wait until I got to the house.


To my surprise, the moment I opened the pack, I realized that the biscuits looked like they had been soaked in water. Alas! They were expired! The date on the pack indicated that the expiry date was on October 25th 2020. Like every other curious but hungry Kenyan, I went for the second, third, and fourth pieces, but the future was bleak. Questions lingered on my mind, whether to go and launch a complain but I had already opened the pack, and the two days of my struggle came to an end.



lokalizetu

Hello; lokalyzetu is a sister site to lokalizetu.com and groundwatermanic. We post news, politics, inspirational articles, and daily happenings. Please subscribe to our updates.

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form